Tuesday, August 30, 2011

September 5, 2003 - Long Beach, Rockport, MA

This was one of my half-day work Fridays and it was the beginning of the Hurricane Fabian swell. Laura and I headed up to Gloucester and got there about 2:30 PM. We checked out Good Harbor which looked like it was closing out close to shore. There was only one person out. Checked out Long Beach which had about 6 or so people out. The waves were breaking a little further out but were only about knee-waist. I caught a bunch, but they were all very short rides and nothing to get too excited about. Probably the best wave that came through, I gave to some joker that completely went out of his way to cut me off and then missed the wave. The size was kind of disappointing given all the hype online. Got soft-serv at Barbarinos afterward!

No comments:

Post a Comment