Monday, August 29, 2011

March 22, 2003 - Town Beach, Narragansett, RI

I finally got back into the water after a three month cold and snowy as hell winter hiatus. It was 60 degrees out today but the water was still 38 degrees. Brrrr. Almost all the snow has melted except for those big parking lot snowpiles. I called Larry to try to get him to go, but couldn't get in touch with him so I decided to go on my own. My other mission in RI was to check out neighborhoods near Providence to possibly move there. Got there at about 12:30 and the air seemed a lot cooler on the coast. I actually had second thoughts about going in, but was very glad I went. I wore Larry's 2 mil top under my suit for added warmth. The wave forecast said waist to chest, but there were definitely some head high sets. The water was freezing the first time I duckdove, but I got used to it. I caught a really nice an powerful left about chest high, and a couple other decent rides. Also some wipeouts due to my fatigue in trying to move my arms with two suits on. Good clean waves with very light west wind. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment