Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 25, 2008 - Nauset Beach, Orleans, MA

Monday morning of our cape vacation. I woke up at 6:20 and go there before 7:00 AM. Parking was free if you got there before 8:00 and left be a reasonable time. There were only a few people fishing and no surfers. Waves looked really good about waist-chest and clean but they were breaking very close to the beach. I pondered it for a while and then saw some potential. I surfed for about 45 min and only caught 1.5 waves. The one full wave I caught was awesome (chest high) except for the end when I had to bail before the beach. I got totally worked in the wave after it broke, but luckily came up unscathed in about a foot of water. One other guy was surfing near me and couldn't catch anything. Another surfer that I talked to noticed that all the locals were driving down the beach with their 4 wheelers to the good breaks. waist high plus wind-sw at 12 mph High - 6:28 pm Low - 12:30 pm WE HAD CLEAN CONDITIONS THIS MORNING BUT TOO HIGH OF A TIDE SO IT WAS HARD TO SEE THE FULL POTENTIAL OF THE SWELL. IT LOOKS LIKE WAVES SIMILAR TO YESTERDAY. THIS SWELL WILL SLOWLY TAPER OFF TODAY AND GIVE WAY TO WINDY CONDITIONS TOMORROW. WE'RE HOPING FOR SOME BUILDING SURF AT THE END OF THE WEEK.

No comments:

Post a Comment