Tuesday, August 30, 2011

June 6, 2004 - Town Beach, Narragansett, RI

It's been well over a month since I've surfed and I missed the month of May completely. This day Scott and I originally planned to go to Hampton to buy Scott a wetsuit and catch surf...but the reports said flat in Hampton so I had to re-route Scott on his way down from VT to go to RI. It was a cold day for June...both the air and water temps were 58 degrees. Anyways, Scott scored on a purchase of a wetsuit for 99 bucks and also bought a pair of booties. Conditions at Town Beach were pretty rough and stormy/choppy. Waves were about waist-head high and it was tough to get out through the surf. The currents and winds were "out of bounds" and we didn't figure it out until we started getting sweept out to sea. Luckily there were these bright orange bouys placed for reference. There were some pretty big bombs coming through, but they were fairly crumbly. I caught one really awesome ride and then a few mediocre rides. Scott caught one ride that he said was the best ever. The downfall of my day was when I got completely wiped out by a monster wave that peaked right where I was. My fin hit my leg and I was pretty much done. Scott surfed a little longer than me and had a little bit better of a day. It was fun, but I wished we had surfed more towards the right side where the waves were a bit more tame with less current..

No comments:

Post a Comment