Tuesday, August 30, 2011

June 21, 2003 - The Wall, Hampton, NH

It was low tide at the wall on this Saturday (summer solstice). It looked about waist plus from shore and there were a lot of people out. Laura went running while I surfed. Winds were out of the east (I think) at about 5-10 mph so it was fairly clean but super mushy. Waves were realy hard to catch unless you were lined up perfectly, and got pushed by the whitewater. Some other dude out there was complaining to me about how hard it was to catch these waves. I finally caught one and had a nice ride but had to pump it. You had to bail out early or get pummeled into the sand at the shore pound. It was weird...I've never seen shore pound like this before. I caught another one and jumped back over the wave as the shore pound sucked me back under. It was like getting hit into a wall and then getting sucked under to hit the bottom. Anyways, it was a lot of paddeling and not much surfing. I got 2 rides my whole session. Pretty lame. No gloves needed though. Checked out the sand scultures on the south beach afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment