Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 7, 2004 - The Wall, Hampton Beach, NH

I guess the wall is officially my home break. I coordinated with Scott to meet him at the Wall this Saturday morning, but conditions were questionable. We went to Pioneers and CRs and Scott traded one of his boards for a WRV fish. Winds or lack there of were good, but size was a bit small. There were a ton of people in the water and the summer surfing zone was between the red lines. Waves were pretty pathetically small to start out (for about the first 1.5 hours.) Then waves suddenly picked up on the incoming tide. There were actually some nice clean rides to be had in the waist high range and occasionally bigger. I caught a ton of rides, as many as I could without getting in the way of other people. We surfed for about 4 hours straight until our arms were spaghetti and the tide was so high that catching a wave became dangerous. A fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment