Wednesday, August 31, 2011

June 15, 2011 - Assateague Island, MD

Well, I've added another state to my repertoire. We camped at Site #56 in the National Park. The Site was a walk-in site and was very secluded. It was incredible to wake up and have the ocean just over the hump. Beautiful weather in the 70's and 80's. We camped 2 nights and Wednesday was a full beach day. First time surfing this year and actually got in the water in June. I got a late morning session in with knee to waist waves and somewhat strong wind that made it choppy. Water was about 70 and I only needed by 2 mil top. I was the only one surfing, but there were some boogie boarders. Hardly any people around and wild horses on the beach. I caught some knee high waves and it was our first time using our new zoom lens to take surf photos. The waves totally flattened out in the afternoon and I just when I though there was no more surf, there was a decent pulse in wave activity and I got a second session in. Had to really pump and crouch to go anywhere. Seems to only work from mid to low tide. I'd definitely come back here for the camping and surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment