Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September 21, 2008 - The Wall, Hampton, NH

Usually surf conditions "look better than they are" or "are better than they look." These conditions weren't bad, but it definetly looked better than it was. The weather was perfect...low 70's no wind, but the water was cold so I wore my booties. Waves were about waist to chest, but for the waist high, which was most of them, you had to catch them late or they would not have enough steepness. At times it was glassy and green. For the most part the waves were close-outs, but there was some good potential for a long ride on a face. There were a ton of people surfing, and I was getting really annoyed at 2 long boarders that kept snaking me and everyone else. The worst was this slovakian guy with a shaved white head. no etiquitte whatsoever. I did manage to catch a few decent rides, mostly rights- the end result being enveloped by the wave. My arms weren't the strongest so I got fatigued. Laura, Mel and Evan were very patient hanging on the beach. Afterwards we got the worst pizza ever at "Tripolis" in Seabrook.

No comments:

Post a Comment