Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 27, 2008 - Marconi Beach, Wellfleet, MA

Second surf of the cape vacation. The Chaskelsons came down for the day and we went to Marconi Beach afer the signs said that Nauset Light was full. We got free parking to the National Seashore Beaches with the Chaskelson's Golden Eagle Pass!! The waves were pretty choppy due to the northeast wind and about waist high. Unfortunately the best waves were in the no surfing zone right in front of us so I went down the beach. I talked to a kid who was on vacation, tried to give him some pointers. There were only a couple people surfing and lots of swimmers cause the water was really warm. I used my 2 mil top. As for the waves, I got a bunch of really fun rides, mostly lefts and a lot of them with diving dismounts. Had one nice wipeout and my top filled with water like a balloon, kinda weird. Fun surf. waist high chop wind-nne @ 12-18 mph High - 9:00 am Low - 3:00 pm the conditions are POOR today due to the unfavorable North-east winds & unorganized swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment