Tuesday, August 30, 2011

July 25, 2004 - The Wall, Hampton Beach, MA

I went to the wall for the second day in a row because Laura was going to Hampton to meet friends. I dropped here off at the mobbed south beach and I went to the wall. It was pretty crowded with surfers, not because the surf was good, but because it was a nice summer day. The surf looked pretty lame, and when I paddled out it was even lamer. There were a ton of people crowded into the only breaking spot and the waves were only breaking on shore. There was an occassional chance of getting an outside wave, but they were really flat. I caught one on the outside after paddleing my arms off, then decided to catch the shore break with everyone else. The last half hour I was out, it actually started to pick up with the incoming tide and the NE wind calmed down to almost nothing. The waves started getting more definition, size and length. It was about knee high for the first hour and knee-waist high for the last half hour. Overall probably a little better than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment