Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September 21, 2006 - Jeness Beach, Rye Beach, NH

I had been watching the conditions and forecast all week and this seemed to be the most consistent week of surf this summer. The swell was from Gordon then Helene. So I finally got some time off of work and decided on dawn patrol Thurday. There was definitely some ground swell from Helene, but unfortunatly winds were a brisk 10-20 mph NW which made it almost impossible to catch waves. The air temp was only in the 50's at 8:00 AM also so it was chilly, but it was sunny. There was a wait in between sets and when the sets came they were almost always total closeouts that were too steep to get into. I talked with some other guy who was having the same problem. I wore my booties which kinda stinks. I didn't get any rides, but from the looks of the picture, I should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment