Monday, August 29, 2011

April 20, 2003 - Long Beach, Rockport, MA

Easter Sunday. Laura and I took a tour up the coast of Cape Ann through Beverly, Manchester, Magnolia, Gloucester and Rockport. Laura put up with me wanting to bring my board which was cool because there was a week-long swell happening. We checked out Good Harbor first. It was dead high tide. The waves seemed pretty damned big and I didn't feel like getting pummeled. Plus there was only 1 or 2 guys out. We also saw some kid do a cannonball off the bridge into 40 degree water. We then checked Long Beach which looked a lot more fun. It looked like waist to chest, but once I got out there I just got pummeled by big, fast, cold waves. Some guy sprayed me in the face while I was paddeling up a wave and he was paddeling into it. Some of the waves were overhead. I had to continually bail off my board and dive under the waves. I got cold and tired quick and couldn't catch anything. I kept talking about how I could'nt catch any waves to Laura and she kept getting annoyed, so I shut up and we got soft serve ice cream and went to Rockport.

No comments:

Post a Comment