Monday, August 29, 2011

Oct. 17, 2002 - Nantasket Beach, Hull, MA

Decided to catch this storm swell from the previous day's storm as today was sunny and lower 60's. I had planned to go to Scituate this day, but after some hellish traffic on 128 and then route 3, I decided to abort Scituate and try Nantasket for the first time. I was pleasantly surprized to find waist-head, clean but semi-bumpy long lines. If you got in the right spot, you could catch some really long and fun rides. No closeouts to speak of either. The paddle out seemed almost never ending when the sets started coming in quick. Due to the swell direction and beach direction, almost all rides were rights. I ended up about 1/4 mile north of where I started by the end of my 1 hour+ session until dark. A really cool break for noreaster swells, but hard to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment