Tuesday, August 30, 2011

October 17, 2004 - Jeness Beach, Rye, NH

Scotty came down the night before to watch the Sox playoff (disaster) game and stayed over. We checked out the wall which was pretty clean and about waist-chest high with some closeouts. Decided to go to Jeness and park along the rock wall. It was about the same quality but a tad smaller but with a lot let people. The air was only in the 50's and wind was out of the southwest at 10-15+ mph so it was chilly. I wore my hood and then went back for my gloves. Alright, lets talk about surf. I got some good rides rights and lefts, but the winds and cold were a little harsh and frustrating. Scott had a few long good rides. They were nice and peaky so you could catch a direction, but it was tough to get around the white water and back into the wave. My best ride was nice long right that kept me going for a while. I got a couple of pics of Scott on his last and best ride where he did some cool turns. That's Scott in the photo. Surfed for about 2+ hours. Fun, but cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment