Tuesday, August 30, 2011

September 20, 2003 - Second Beach, Middletown, RI

OK..so I go surfing every weekend.. I'm addicted. It's also the best time of year to surf because the water is warm, the air is warm, there are storm swells... but there are a lot of people. This was the tail end of the Isabel swell but winds were out of the southwest at 15-20 mph, so it was tough to paddle out at times and it was pretty choppy and rough. Occassionally a large set would come through and if you were in the right place could catch an awesome ride. At least four of my rides were really long but you had to pump the face cause they kind of flattend out. I actually experimented with turning into the face at times. Waves were mostly waist-chest with occasional shoulder. Water was still warm so I wore my 2 mil top. I wish I could wear that thing everytime. Tons of red seaweed where you bail off your ride which can be nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment