Monday, August 29, 2011

May 19, 2003 - Eygpt Beach, Scituate, MA

I was pondering going all day today because I didn't know if it would be big enough. Finally I called the Noreaster surf report which said knee to waist and glassy at noon. So I decided to make the rediculous after work commute to Hull. After an hour ana half I got there and there was a solid on-shore wind, the waves were knee high and no one was out. So I drove down the coast through Cohasett to Eygpt Beach. The parking lot was full and after I quickly changed, I walked over the berm and there were about 20-25 people out there. It looke flat at first, but waves were definitly coming in knee to occasional waste and clean. It was just a wait between sets. There were very occasional chest high waves too. I caught a bunch of nice rides which one long right on the right part of the wave. This was "wrap-around" swell from the cape, so you had to wait for sets and make sure you didn't miss your chance. There were some long boarders getting some really long rides. Surfed for about an hour till it got almost dark. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment