Tuesday, August 30, 2011

July 2, 2005 - Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester, MA

This worked out good...we were going to a party in Beverly at 7:00, so Gloucester was close. There was a due south swell which works well at Good Harbor and actually gives the waves some more angle and less close-out. We got there a little past 5:00 PM which is when they allow surfing. It was about 75-80 degrees, dry with a 10-15 mph NW wind...perfect conditions for clean waves which were about waist high on average with some knee and some chest-shoulder high bombs. When I got out, it was sparce, but got pretty crowded in about a half hour. I had some good rides and the length of ride was above average for the usual GH close-out. I had one awesome ride where I got into the wave late to go right but stayed in the lip up high as the wind held it up. It was pretty cool. More rights than lefts. Water felt like the low sixties., not too bad. Wish I could have surfed for longer... felt like I was in better shape than last time. That's Melissa in the photo...and her hair showing the NW wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment