Monday, August 29, 2011

April 12, 2003 - Jeness Beach, Rye, NH

The reports said good surf for the whole weekend and waist to head for Saturday, so Larry and I decided to hit it on Saturday. We didn't get out until later in the day because I was sampling stormwater the night before and we wanted to wait for it to clear up. We checked out the wall and the point breaks north of the wall. The wall looked at least head high with only a couple guys out. The Redbull Ice Break was going on at Rye Rocks which looked like perfect surf. There were even surfable breaks on Hampton's south beach. We went in Jeness and both caught a bunch of good waves. There was almost no wind (very light north) so it was easy to paddle into them. The waves were very peaky and mushy so there were no nasty dumpers. I caught a bunch of great rides until I got cold and paddled in. I actually tried to paddle back out twice but was denied. Larry went back out and caught a killer long ride in. It was well worth the drive. Just wish I could have surfed longer. Afterwards, we checked out the final heat of the Redbull which had six guys including the guy from Pioneers. Photo is of Redbull.

No comments:

Post a Comment