Wednesday, August 31, 2011

July 24, 2010 - Whitecrest Beach, Wellfleet, MA

So I'm writing this exactly a month after this surf session because I've been so busy this summer. I've realized that as of July 24th, I've only been surfing twice this year, partly because its been so flat and partly because we have been so busy with the new house. I was glad that I convinced everyone on our cape camping trip to go to Whitecrest since it is supposed to be a good surf beach and has easy parking access to the beach, however there were some comments from the back seat like "we passed a million beaches already." But we got there and it was flat, mostly because it was high tide. I figured it was so lake-like that I wouldn't get a chance to get wet. But as the day went on, the tide dropped and some people actually hit the waves. So I ran to get my board and 2 mil top from the car. The waves were knee high with a very occasional waist high wave or set. I caught a few fun little ones which were all rights because of the break. About 30 min into my session, Scott came over with his camera trying to get a pic or video, but of coarse I could do nothing but get snaked by some guy with an orange longboard. All in all, it was great to be able to go surfing when I thought there was no hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment