Tuesday, August 30, 2011

June 7, 2003 - Second Beach, Middletown, RI

I got Laura up at the crack of dawn to catch the tail end of some leftover swell from the previous days. She was not happy with the early rise. We left at 6:20 and got there at 7:40. Second beach looked very small (knee-thigh) and almost unridable and we walked down the beach to check it out. Winds were light and out of the southwest. One other guy was going in with a long board, so I figured I would too. There was no one else out at all. I tried the area down towards the middle of the beach and was very glad I did go in. There were definitely some waist high sets coming in, with even occasional stomach high. I caught a ton of rides for 20 minutes and then it flattened out for while. I think the waves were a result of the incoming tide. It picked up again and a couple more people went in. I caught one really nice long left.

No comments:

Post a Comment