Wednesday, August 31, 2011

July 2, 2006 - Jeness Beach, Rye, NH

Well, I missed surfing in June, but we camped at Wakeda Campground in Hampton Falls this weekend. The campground was filled with RVs, some permanent residents. We went to the beach on Sunday and I managed to go surfing for a grand total of about an hour and 15 minutes which is pathetic considering how decent the surf and weather was. The linup was relatively uncrowded and the waves were mostly thigh high but fun. I caught a couple that I got good distance on the face and worked around the break into the face. The wind was rather strong from the south/southwest, but it didn't really affect the quality of wave which was good. The water still feels like ice on my hands and feet, but you get used to it. It was fun, but way too short. I could have surfed for another 2 hours. We checked out the wall the next day (beautiful and sunny) and it was super clean and about knee high but looked fun. However, I did not surf due to family obligations.

No comments:

Post a Comment