Wednesday, August 31, 2011

July 22, 2011 - The Wall, Hampton Beach, NH

I had been itching to go surfing for a while and Mike and his fam were up for vaction so we went to the Wall. It was a Friday that I took off from work. Based on the cam and the report, it didn;t look like much, and I was debating on just making it a beach day at Good Harbor. So we went anyways and stopped at Fast Eddies first for lunch. When we got to the wall, it looked like beautiful knee-thigh high groundswell, and that's what it was. This was the hottest day of a heat wave and it was about 97 degrees. The water in contrast felt like ice. I wore my 2 mil top in and my hands and feet got numb, but the air outside was HOT!. The tide was probably about mid tide and it was coming in, so we were loosing beach for the kids to play on. On to the waves. Small, but really fun and clean with a west/southwest wind. I caught some really nice long rights and Mike got some absolutely incredible shots with our new zoom lens. He figured out how to shoot in rapid succession. I had a couple sessions and got a fair amount of waves. I actually went back in with my full suit. Mike had a short session and caught one wave. The photos were incredible with the vivid blue/green water color. Went to the Beach Plum after for ice cream. I want to go back to the Wall soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment