Tuesday, August 30, 2011

June 29, 2004 - The Wall, Hampton Beach, NH

The reports have been knee high max for about a month now, so I wasn't expecting much. But I had my board with me after a training day in Portsmouth. I found out from Laura that Scott was surfing today, so I got to the wall at 4:00 PM and low and behold, found his car there...and him surfing shin high. What are the chances? I wasn't even expecting to surf with anyone today. So I went in and caught some anke-Knee high waves. They were hard to catch on my 7 foot board and again I wish I had a long board. I tried Scott's board which is like a cork, much easier. Anyways, there was virtually no paddle out because you could stand in the water and wait for waves. There were about 7 other desperate people out there too. The water was super warm, no gloves worn and it was sunny and warm. It was fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment