Wednesday, August 31, 2011

July 12, 2008 Jeness Beach, Rye, NH

We finally got to the beach this year after the Birth of Evan.  He is almost 4 months, so we decided to give it a try.  Air temp was in the 70's and the water was low 60's.  Wind was from the east at 10 mph.  This was the beginning of swell from Tropical Storm Bertha. The wave quality was very good being not too steep and not too mushy and mostly waist high with some chest high.  Pretty easy to catch.  But the "sets" were far apart.  Sometimes there would only be one wave per set and all 10 of us would go for it.  I surfed 2 sessions and caught only about 3 waves per session due to the lack of quantity.  But the rides I got were quality.  Both rights and lefts and a couple nice long ones.  I was able to work my way around the white water and back into the fase on almost all of them.  Jeness wasn't allowing surfing in the center area where all the good waves seemed to be.  I was pretty sore for a couple days afterward even though I didn't do a lot of paddleing.  Evan's first surf trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment