Tuesday, August 30, 2011

April 17, 2004 - The Wall, Hampton Beach, NH

This was the first warm weekend of spring with waves. Air temp was as high as 70 degrees inland but only upper 50s on the coast. The water is still only 40 degrees. I got there about 2 hours after high tide, but the water was still high. It was real choppy. The sets that came though were about waist high with occasional higher. I caught a ride right off, but then had no luck after that. No one around me was getting waves either. Waves would form in the chop, but would flatten out after they broke and then reform closer to shore. I tried to catch some closer to shore, but it was like going over the falls. The water was super cold if you had to duck dive. Managed to stay in for over an hour until I got bored with trying to catch crappy waves. Wore my hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment