Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September 4, 2009 - The Wall, Hampton Beach, NH

I love the wall and in fact I think NH is my overall favorite place to surf. The great thing about the wall is that you can pay $3 to park for 2 hours and your car is right there. We all went up to get away from the house because we had several showings, and of course to get beach time and surf. It was a beautiful 75 degrees sunny, with a very light NE wind. The ocean was glassy and green with only a slight bump. Waves were small and only about knee to thigh with an occassional waist high set, but it was very fun and good exercise and water was really warm. I got a lot of fun rides, both rights and lefts. A couple I had to crouch down real low to keep going and one I had to pump around the white water. Surfed for about and hour and a quarter, but could have surfed longer. Since it was a friday in Sept. the beach was fairly empty how I like it. We got there at mid tide about 3 PM and stayed until almost low tide, so the kids had plenty of running area. After surfing we were playing with Evan's super ball and Mel through it towards the ocean. A seagull swooped down and picked it up with his beek and flew away. I have never seen anything like it. Melissa was not happy. We went to Fast Eddies afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment