Wednesday, August 31, 2011

July 23, 2006 - The wall, Hampton Beach, NH

We were supposed to meet Lance in Hampton beach but he totally bailed on us and went fishing at Sandy Point...again? I don't get it.. how can fishing be more fun than surfing? Anyways, the whole fam went up regardless and it WAS fun. There was a big low pressure system off shore after TS Beryl. The water was so warm it felt like RI temps maybe upper 60's. I could have trunked it. Mel went in too (up to her knees) and had lots of fun. The waves were about waist high and clean with a light NW wind at 5-10 mph. Really good conditions for learning, but loads of people. It was those kind of waves that build way out, but you have to wait to catch cause they don't materialize until close in to shore. I caught a lot of waves today, but most were pretty short rides or closeouts, however a couple were nice long rides. One of note that Laura saw was a long ride on the face where I had to turn to avoid some swimmers that I freaked out. I actually got tubed for what a waist high wave is worth. Surfed for over and hour and a half till I got tired, but I could have surfed longer. We took a ride down to Salisbury beach and there were some nice clean looking waves there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment