Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 25, 2009 - Horseneck Beach, Westport, MA

I'm not even sure this deserves an entry into the surf log, but what the hey. This was part of our week long Mattapoisett stay, which was really fun. I've been trying to go to this beach for 10 years and every time I go to check it out I get skunked. This was a couple days after the epic Hurricane Bill swell, so leftovers were likely, or so it would seem. The report for Newport looked like waist high and semi-clean and I know it was OK there, but we opted to go to the always SW wind blown poor wave quality Horseneck. I know there must be good surf here occasionally, but I would have to quit my job to find it. Anyways, it was knee-thigh and very messy short waves, so not surfable. I overheard someone say that it was clean right before we arrived so I think we might have just missed the swell since I did see a surfboard or 2 down the beach. Anyways, I went body surfing and it was pretty fun. Got some nice rides in warm water without a wetsuit. Parking was a reasonable $7.

No comments:

Post a Comment