Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September 2, 2010 - Jeness Beach, Rye, NH

The week leading up to this session was pure torture. Looking at the perfect forecasts and cameras all week from work. The plan was to meet Larry and Chris Pyott at Jeness. Mike Gagne was supposed to come, but bailed. There was a very uncomforatable heat wave all week, so it was great beach weather.. After heavy traffic coming from Boston to visit Bubbie, we didn't get there until 5:30 PM. The waves were defineity bigger than the forecasted knee to thigh, I'd say about waist-chest. A couldn't tell if these were the remnants of Danielle or the fore runner of Earl. Water was in the mid - upper 60's so I wore my 2 mil top, a near first for NH. This presented the problem of massive knee burns from the sand stuck in my board wax. I caught a bunch of waves, mostly rights, but the waves just did not provide the length of rides of the other day. Still it was really fun to surf with friends. After a while we all got really cold, even thought the air was hot. The relaxation factor was just not here though. I'm a little sore writing this the day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment