Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September 22, 2006 - First Beach, Newport, RI

After looking at the log I noticed it has been exactly 3 years since I have surfed Newport. We came domw to spend the day in Newport and to surf for about an hour. Actually I only got 45 minutes in, but it was fun. This was continued swell from Helene, an it was waist to head high. The wind was from the southwest so it was kind of crumbly. It was pretty hard to get out through all the white water past the breakers. The water was reaaly warm though and some people trunked it. I caught about three shoulder high waves which were easy to get into. I got a couple of nice fast long rides and the last one was a very long right on the face. I got one ride where the waves was clsing in on either side and then enveloped me in white water at the end. It definitely was not for beginners. RI is awesome in the fall. Better than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment