Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 1, 2005 - Whitecrest Beach, Wellfleet, MA

This was another vacation day (monday) that was part of a camping, cape, wedding trip this weekend. It was a nice day around 80 and we wanted to go to a new beach we hadn't been to before. It's a real nice drive along Ocean View Road and then there are two small lots for Whitecrest Beach with a steep decline leading down to the beach. There were 2 or three spots that every one seemed to be suring in and the other areas were flat. The spot I went in was a shallower point area where the waves broke. It was packed with people, mostly kids. The waves were about knee high with an occasional waist high. I don't know why I did this, but I rented a super heavy foam board for $15. It sucked. I caught only a few crappy waves and it was just a waste of money. I had only my 2 mil top and it wasn't that cold. There was a lot a seaweed, so it was kinda gross. There were also seals in the water. The waves weren't bad for a fiberglass long board, but those foam boards suck. I will never rent one again, no matter what the surf. Cool beach...I'd go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment