Wednesday, August 31, 2011

July 19, 2008 - The Wall, Hampton, NH

My 100th documented surf session! I can't believe I went surfing twice in 8 days. Lance and I planned this mini trip to see Gov't Mule and go surfing. It was a really hot day, about 95 degrees and we got to the wall and it was clean and about waist high. You could tell it was still Bertha swell. The water seemed super cold and I woare my full suit. Lance has his brother's friend's board, which was a thick long short board. I caught a few rides, but they were pretty short. If the waves were bigger, these would be really awesome waves for long rides. My best ride was a long right that I had to pump to get in the face and then crouch down. I caught one a lances board to that was a good left, could get some good turns on it. We surfed for about an hour and then suddenly the wind switched from offshore to onshore and messed things up. The air got cold too. We sat on the beach afterward and ate pizza and drank cheap beer. Then we hit the cheese strip to see the show. My idea of the perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment