Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September 4, 2006 - Jeness Beach, Rye Beach, NH

Feels like its been forever since I've been surfing because the summer is slowly coming to an end, and August was very flat this year. Larry and Loretta came out this weekend so that me and Larry could catch some surf from TS Ernesto. The surf reports hyped it up pretty big, but it was very managable. Larry and I went up in the morning and the girls followed later. The waves were only about waist-chest and clean with a medium west wind, and actually dropped a bit throughout the day. I think it was bigger in the early AM. Waist-chest and clean is usually perfect, but these were the sort of wind swell waves that you had to get into when they were really steep and only got a really short ride (like 2 or 3 seconds). Just the opposite of that Cali groundswell. I got a lot of rides most all of them rights or straight closeouts. My best ride was one where I totally snaked Larry and got a nice long right. The water was pretty warm but it was really crowded. We surfed for about 2 to 2.5 hours. Fun waves regardless of the short rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment