Wednesday, August 31, 2011

June 26, 2009 - Nauset Light Beach, Eastham, MA

This was my first time surfing this year. Seems like I get a later start every year. It was our week long vacation at Ocean Edge. There was a noreaster earlier in the week and this was leftover surf from that. I tried to surf the day before at Marconi, got suited up and tried to paddle out, but decided not to risk it. The waves were about waist to head, but there was a nasty rip current and it was my first time this year. I was kinda nervous the whole day about going out in post noreaster surf. We got free parking on my parents Golden Age Passport though. This was actually my first time to Nauset Light Beach which is just north of Coast Guard. It was real nice with parking right at the beach. since it was not really a beach day and sort of sprinkling, I had an audience of family watching me surf. The conditions were nice and clean and about waist-chest, but the waves had to be caught very late and steep or they would roll under you. Unfortunately, I only caught about 1.5 waves with the audience watching with cameras in-hand. It was real nice to get out surfing finally. Surfed for about 45 min. Dad got a funny pic of me hugging a wave. We went to Arnolds afterwards...great seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment