Wednesday, August 31, 2011

January 30, 2006 - Juno Beach (north of pier), FL

Its been a while since I've been surfing. We were down in Fl for a whole week and I was hoping to a get a couple sessions in but this turn out to be the only one. Air temps were in the 70's and water was about 70. Scott came up from Boca Raton and we came down from Stuart to meet half way. I used his 6' fish and he used one of his short boards. It was monday so the beach wasn't very crowded. The surf was about waist high and mushy and there was minimal wind, but a strong northerly current to fight. Waves were pretty hard to judge and you had to get into them late. I did surprisingly well considering I hadn't surfed in 4 months, and I was using a fish. I only caught 4 or 5 waves in the 2 hours we surfed, but it was fun. The fish was awesome and I am sold on one. It is very floatacious and manouverable!! It was great to wear only trunks and a 2 mil top! My whole body ached for 2 days after. Thats me in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment