Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 1, 2006 - The Cove, Santa Cruz, CA

We are on vacation in Santa Cruz for the week! I didn't actually go surfing this day but tried body boarding for the first time. J.R., myself, and his friend Shante went to their favorite spot, a small cove in Santa Cruz. I borrowed J.Rs body board. This spot seemed treacherous because the waves came in fast around this rock and were rather large. It was tough because you had to use your feet (fins) instead of your hands which is tricky. Everyone was piled in the exact same spot to catch the wave, but when one came you just had to go for it and disregard the other people. I finally caught one, but was unable to get onto the face and ended up taking a wild ride in the whitewater....I swallowed some water and then got tangled up in the leash while more waves came. My limited opinion of bodyboarding is that it is more dangerous, more difficult and not as fun as surfing. The water felt pretty warm though.

No comments:

Post a Comment