Monday, August 29, 2011

Dec. 12, 2002 - Point Judith, Narragansett, RI

I knew this day might be my last surf of the year until probably April. A rain storm came through the day before with some significant winds. Temps were forcasted to be in the low 40's and sunny so I hit it. Since I couldn't get a confirmatory surf report for Scituate, I headed to Narragansett where the wave cam and report both looked good. I checked out Town Beach which seemed pretty lame. A few guys were out just waiting and waiting and waiting for a thigh high wave. I didn't come all the way to RI for this, so I continued on to PJ. The left side was breaking nice, a solid waist-chest+. The water and air were freezing and there was sometimes a long time between sets, but the sets were very nice. Winds were a bit high, but not unworkable. A caught a nice long one where I zippied right by someone (about a foot away) and then the front of my board got tubed. There were a couple of seals that were about 20 feet away from me. It was a fun time except short due to the cold. Until next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment