Tuesday, August 30, 2011

February 17, 2004 - La Jolla Shores Beach, La Jolla, CA

This was part of our Phoenix-San Diego trip so I wanted to get 2 sessions of surfing in. The weather was beautiful of coarse, in the upper 60's, the water however was only upper 50's, so you needed at least a 3/2. I had my 4/3 suit. I scored with a board rental at La Jolla Surf Co. and got a 7'10" fiberglass board for 10 bucks for the half day, a total steal. Didn't even have to sign a waiver. The waves were like NH on a fairly big day, but kind of close-outs. I'd say about chest-head w/ occational +. Everyone seemed to be crowded in one spot that had the best formed waves, but I chose to stay a bit away from that spot at the closeouts. I caught a few, but nothing great. My best waves was a waist high wave that I rode near the crowd. There were definitly some strong riptides and currents that carried you out to sea though. Surfed for about 2 hours. It was so nice to get back onto a board!

No comments:

Post a Comment