Thursday, September 28, 2023

September 28, 2023 - Jeness Beach, Rye, NH

There has been more surf this September than any other I can ever remember.  If I lived closer, I'd be there more often.  This was kinda spur of the moment "Its sunny, I don't have much going on at work, and it's a shame to miss all this surf" trip up to Jeness.  It was high tide when I got there, so Jeness was the best option.  Parked at the beach access trail for free.  It was pretty scare of people, but good waves.  Just a few surfers and dog walkers.  The ocean was very Pacific-like.  Seaweed, ocean smell, no wind, but sizable waves.  Just something about it, maybe it was that swell that is coming out of nowhere that is always present in the Pacific.  I realized that I could not put my modified booties on because there is too much neoprene that won't stretch.  Didn't need then anyways.  Used the RC again, my go-to board.  Got a few decent rides.  It was mostly waist-chest, but there were some occasional big sets.  My flat out best ride was a left that I caught at just the right time to get into the face and pump it.  It started to close out, but I worked my way around it and kept the ride going on the face for a while.  Sick!  Took some random shots with the SLR.



No comments:

Post a Comment