Monday, September 18, 2023

September 17, 2023 - Jeness Beach, Rye, NH

 This turned out to be a great day.  Hurricane Lee swept by the day before with really big clean surf, too big for me.  We planned to go to the beach this day because it was going to be sunny, warm and good waves, and we planned to pick up Melissa at UNH and take her to the beach with us.  It was great to see Mel after her initial first 3 weeks away.  Got a good parking spot right near Cable Rd.  I wasn't even sure I was going to surf after my ankle swelled up from a bee sting. I made the decision after I put my wetsuit on and it felt OK.  Mel did not want to surf, maybe too much on her mind or the waves too big.  I used the RC again.  Really liking the versatility of this board, not too big or small, light enough.  These may have been the best waves of the season for me.  Caught several rides, but you had to get in them rather late, or you would expend a lot of energy.  My best ride of the season was a right that I kept pumping and turning on the face for a while.   Caught some rights and lefts on the face, but after a while the waves were closing out more with the higher tide.  Great day of surfing and I'm sore today, but my ankle did just fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment