Saturday, July 2, 2022

June 30, 2022 - The Wall, Hampton, NH

 This was a Thursday afternoon and was the Surfing with Smiles event that gets kids with special needs out surfing.  This popped up on my instagram in the morning and I really pushed Mel to do this with me to get some volunteer experience.  So glad we did, because it was great!  It was pretty packed with people and there were 80 surfers signed up and lot of helpers.  There was no sign up for helpers, which made it easy.  The conditions couldn't have been better for this.  Perfect small longboard waves, sunny sky's and clear cold water.  I really wish we could have surfed, because I know Mel would have caught these waves.  But it was really a great experience being involved with getting these kids surfing.  One of the surfers, Maggie, was actually a WA student!  I also bumped into a client from Procon, which was extra cool.  All the famous Hampton local were there, Cropper, and Ralph, etc.  Although we brought our boards, we didn't surf because were were cold and the waves died down, but we did get in the water and waves.  Photo is post-event.  We will be doing this again on July 14th!


No comments:

Post a Comment