Wednesday, July 20, 2022

July 19, 2022 - 2nd Beach, Middletown, RI

 It hasn't been that long since I last surfed, but seems like a long time because we've been lugging around surfboards and getting skunked.  This was cool because it was a change of pace from Hampton.  My brother was up for the week and there was surf, so we brought all 3 boards from Mattapoisett to RI, plus Evan and Joaquin.  Got to the beach around 8:30 or so and waves were pretty big, but somewhat messy.  I wore my cutoff Bodyglove for the first time, and it was riding up on my crotch.  It was a good call though.  I mostly used the RC, but tried all 3 boards today.  The RC was the best board for this surf, and I can't believe I used to ride that WRV.  It's so hard to catch waves on and paddle out.  I should trade that for an 8 footer.  The water was so warm (72 deg) and there were some nice big waves, but the best way to catch them was to wait until they broke and let it just push you.  They were pretty mushy, so no risk of getting pummeled.  I got some nice rides.  Joaquin tried surfing and stood up.  Mike used the McTavish, but he never really got out past the breakers.  Good workout and it was cool to surf RI again.  We took a walk up the cliffs afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment