Wednesday, August 5, 2015

July 24, 2015 - Second Beach, Newport, RI

I had such big plans for surfing this summer, but so far they have not come to fruition.  Have been suffering from abdominal strain since after the last time I surfed and I think I slightly aggrevated it again on the hard top of the board.  During Mike's visit this summer, we were hoping to hit some surf as I now have two boards, but the forecast was for knee high all week except the small window of waist high that we missed on Thursday.  Nonetheless, we got up at 5:00 AM on Friday morning in Mattapoisett to go to Newport.  It was kind of nice since I haven't been there in a long time.  The conditions were perfect, clean tiny ground swell, but it just wasn't big enough.  I reluctently went out on my long board and was the only one out in the red seaweed.  Beautiful warm morning.  Used the 2 mil top.  Mike wouldn't get wet though.  I caught a few tiny rides and stayed out for only about a half hour.   Free parking if you go early enough.  Photo is from the first beach cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment