Sunday, August 30, 2015

August 21, 2015 - Oceanside Pier, Oceanside, CA

What a fun day!  We drove up from San Diego and met my brother who was waiting for us with two long boards provided by his brother-in-law, Al.  Surf was really small since it was August, but was still in the waist high plus range.  It was somewhat messy but winds were light.  I mostly used Al's 9'8" board, which was plenty big enough for me.  Also used his 8'6" board a bit too.  I caught many nice rides and a couple of nice long ones that reformed.  My most productive day of surfing this year.  Water was warm, at least 70, and used my 2 mil top anyways.  Mike caught some too, but was focusing more on the shore break.  Am still sore a few days later.  Went to Pizza Port afterwards in Carlsbad for some great beer and za.  I could live here.


No comments:

Post a Comment