Tuesday, August 20, 2024

August 11, 2024 - Playa Tamarindo, Costa Rica

 Yah, I surfed Costa Rica!  I'm now an international surfer.  This was part of our summer Cost Rica trip.  We were staying outside the town at the Marriott, so we drove in to check out Tamarindo and go to the beach.  Tamarindo is a relatively mellow wave that wraps around from the south and is good for longboards.  Water was 86 and this was probably the hottest, sunniest day of the trip.  I rented a 9' Robert August from a guy on the beach.  It was a 4 hour rental and he included a boogie board for $30 total.  These were just right size waves for me to get back surfing after back issues.  Probably about waist-chest high and pretty clean.  Nothing bigger or better than NH, but if this is the standard everyday for summer, it's pretty awesome.  Got several rides, but only one or nice long rides.  My ribs and knees got sore.  Love the tropical warm water surfing vibe!


No comments:

Post a Comment