Monday, August 14, 2017

August 13, 2017 - The Wall Hampton, NH

What a great day of surfing!  Parking was a challenge, so we ended up on the south side of the beach where high tide came in quicker.  Got there an hour and a half after low and the tide was already pretty high.  There was a pretty decent ground swell with no shortage of waves consistently rolling in.  A 10 mph west wind made for some clean conditions.  Water temp was average for this time of year, cold so I wore the full suit. Used my long board, which is my go-to board now.  It was often hard to gauge which direction to go, left or right, so I got a lot of rides in both directions.  These were really fun waves in the knee to waist high range with an occasional chest high set.  I got a couple of rights right on the face that were like 15 second rides.  After I got one of those rides, a surfer on the beach said "you nailed that one"!  Surfed until the tide became too high and then Evan and I browsed the surf shop while the girls went to Hampton Beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment