Monday, July 10, 2017

July 9, 2017 - The Wall, Hampton, NH

We planned to go to the Wall today and get there at or after high tide, but plans got skewed.  The Chaskelsons had plans to go to Salisbury which they had free parking for, and I was to go to the Wall by myself.  Well, things could have worked out much better if people would just take my advise.  I actually felt bad for myself and the kids, Evan especially.  The state park turned out to be full and they had to park in the town lot and go to the "Coney Island" beach.  The kids said they were very annoyed at all the people and wish they had gone to the Wall.  I wish we all had too.  The change in plans ended up costing them $15 for parking and me 45 min in traffic.  Anyways, its the Wall next time!!!!!

On to the surf.  Tide was just starting to retreat from the Wall when I arrived and the waves were much better than I had anticipated.  Good long board waves in the knee to thigh high range groundswell sets and clean with a SW wind. Easy to catch and I got many lefts, and while it was typical summer crowds, I could always get a wave. Water was super super cold!! I'm still kind up bummed that I didn't get to spend the day with the kids.  Next chance, August.

No comments:

Post a Comment