Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 24, 2014 - Jeness Beach, Rye Beach, NH

Seventh time surfing this year!  We had a family beach day as summer feels like its drawing to an end.  Beach was packed by 11:00 AM and we had to pay $15 to park.  It was high tide, so only choice was Jeness.  It was nice to see so many kids learning how to surf, but there were a lot of kids.  Water was warm and the wind was very low.  Waves were about knee to thigh high and really fun and easy to catch.  I probably caught twice as many waves on my long board as I would have on my mid size.  I caught a fair amount of lefts and even managed to carve out a couple.  The big moment of the day was when Melissa wanted to surf, so I got her on the board and pushed her on a few small waves.  She stood up every time and had a blast.  Evan wanted to go too, but he needs to be a better swimmer first.  I went out for a second session at lower tide and waves had dropped with lots of red seaweed.  That's when I routinely jumped off the board and landed on the edge of a rock with my right foot.  I cut the edge of it, but also bruised it.  Still contemplating whether to get an x-ray.  Hope I can get out 1 or 2 more times this year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment