Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014 - Jeness Beach, Rye, NH

This is great! I've been surfing two weekends in a row in May.    The kids were accounted for elsewhere and to continue our anniversary weekend, we went up to the seacoast and Portsmouth for part of the day, Memorial Day.  I didn't expect to go surfing, or for there to be any surf, but it was in the knee to waist range and clean.  Not really enough waves to go around and it seemed to fade a bit.  Nonetheless, I had at least 3 nice long rides, mostly rights with many more shorter rides.  Booties and gloves still.  Beach got really crowded when we left and we were lucky to get a parking spot.  These were really long board waves and I still need to get one.  Good workout.  I call this photo "stepping off", photographed by Laura who fell asleep on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment