Sunday, August 20, 2023

July 18, 2023 - The Wall, Hampton, NH

 I took the afternoon off from work so me and Mel could go to Surfing with Smiles, but it got cancelled due to chance of thunderstorms.  There was surf, so we went anyways.  But first we went to UNH to see Mel's dorm and eat a free lunch at the dinning commons.  We also got ice cream at the Dairy Bar.  From UNH to the Wall is a half hour on back roads, so it's not that close.  At the wall the swell was big enough to catch some decent rides, but it was somewhat messy.  The waves were too big for Mel to get past the breakers, so she stayed on the inside.  I think she has really been struggling with the conditions this summer.  We just need that perfect day and she needs to commit!  I caught several and few decent ones, but nothing too epic.  I had many nose dive wipeouts due to the conditions.  After we surfed, we did some body surfing.  We went to Cinnamons afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment